Search Our New Beta Online Collections!

Multi-family building constructed by Claus H. Albers, 1807-1809 North Jefferson Avenue.

<< Back to search results

From collection:Part of:

Identifier: N06645

Title: Multi-family building constructed by Claus H. Albers, 1807-1809 North Jefferson Avenue.

Description:

Horizontal, black and white photograph showing the Claus H. Albers residences at 1807-1809 North Jefferson Avenue. The three-story brick building is a multi-family residence with four visible exterior doors. The front of the building has a mansard roof, with decorative supports beneath the roof line. Two cars are parked along the street in the foreground.

The building was built in 1886 for Claus Henry Albers, president of the Albers Commission Company. William S. Burroughs, inventor of the Burroughs adding machine, rented 1809 1/2 from 1887-1890. See the back of the print for additional notes by Dr. William G. Swekosky regarding subsequent ownership of the building.

Rights:

Place:

Dates: 1951

Type(s): Photograph
Image

Maker/Creator: Swekosky, William G., 1895-1964

Subjects: Architectural photography
Saint Louis (Mo.)
Buildings, structures, etc.
Apartment houses
Architecture, Domestic
Near North Riverfront (St. Louis, MO)

Permalink:
http://collections.mohistory.org/resource/151779

| More

Disclaimer: We are working to create a web-based collection index. Information available through this website should be considered "draft only."