Search Our New Beta Online Collections!

Independent Evangelical Protestant Church, German, Southwest Corner of Eighth and Mound Streets, formerly North Presbyterian Church.

<< Back to search results

From collection:Part of:

Identifier: N17066

Title: Independent Evangelical Protestant Church, German, Southwest Corner of Eighth and Mound Streets, formerly North Presbyterian Church.

Description: Independent Evangelical Protestant Church, German, on the southwest corner of Eighth and Mound Street, which was formerly North Presbyterian Church. Sign near roof of church appears to say "Unagh, Evg. Prot. Kirche, 1836". Two signs near the lower entrance of the church read "English German" and "Day School". A streetlamp stands across the street, as well as piles of lumber, some in bunches. Many buildings can be seen off to the sides and in the distance. A few sawhorses can be seen in the foreground and two hold up a few planks of wood.

Rights: UND

Place: United States
Missouri
St Louis
New York
German

Dates: 1856

Type(s): Daguerreotype
Image

Maker/Creator: Thomas M. Easterly

Subjects: outdoors
Daguerreotype
black and white
vertical
streetlamp
Lumber
Building
Independent Evangelical Protestant Church
Eighth Street
Mound Street
North Presbyterian Church
kirche
Streets
Street lighting
Religion
Public architecture

Permalink:
http://collections.mohistory.org/resource/141744

| More

Disclaimer: We are working to create a web-based collection index. Information available through this website should be considered "draft only."