Search Our New Beta Online Collections!

Central Wesleyan College Records, 1884-1956

<< Back to search results

Identifier: A0256

Title: Central Wesleyan College Records, 1884-1956

Description:

The institution was founded by German Methodists as part of a seminary at Quincy, Illinois, in 1854. In 1864, the school moved to Warrenton, Missouri, where a Methodist orphan and education institute had been established to care for orphans of Civil War soldiers. Central Wesleyan was opened in Missouri October 3, 1864. In 1884, the double institution was changed into the Central Wesleyan College and the Central Wesleyan Orphans Home. The two institutions have operated together.

Collection contains notes, reports, etc. that were given to the Central Wesleyan College Board of Trustees, 1919-1920; notes concerning the financial business of the college regarding trustees meetings and endowment funds; essays concerning the college; and several drafts of a manuscript history of the college compiled by Theodore Wolff.

1 box

Cite as: Central Wesleyan College Records, Missouri History Museum Archives, St. Louis.

Rights: UND

Place:

Dates: 1884-1956

Type(s): Documentary Artifacts
Collection

Maker/Creator:

Subjects: Universities and colleges
Finance
Education, Higher
Education

Permalink:
http://collections.mohistory.org/resource/102738

| More

Disclaimer: We are working to create a web-based collection index. Information available through this website should be considered "draft only."